Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Doing Homework

So you’ve got a lot on your plate; cranberries, hotsauce, tuna, fried chicken, shrimp, fried bananas, fried ice cream, and all of the cottage cheese in your house (you’re not going to eat the cottage cheese you’re going to rub it over your body).  Along with eating all of the stuff on that plate you have a lot of things to do, you play basketball, you are the manager for the middle school basketball team, you’re the equipment manager the girls varsity basketball team,  you’re student council president, you have a blog to work on, you’re planning an assassination on Snookie, and to top it all of you are working for the Republican party.  With this much stuff to do you hardly have time to do your homework, but if you follow these guidelines, you can do it.
Rule number one, when you’re doing your homework, be doing your homework.  I know it’s tempting to be on facebook and I know how important it is that your friend Tod just put up pictures of his drivers license, but your eyes can wait to see Tod’s drivers license. ya feel me?
Next, this one is actually kind of fun but when you’re working, take breaks.  I’ve got news for you coming home at 6 O’clock and then working none stop is not the most efficient way to work, you should stop and check facebook, or watch some T.V. who knows maybe it’s Monday and Gossip Girl’s on, or perhaps it’s Tuesday and 90210/Ringer is on, or maybe Wednesday and survivor is on, or perhaps Thursday, and the secret circle is on.  (That’s my exact T.V. schedule, I don’t ever miss any of those shows, ya feel me?)
Also, this one’s kind of vague, but realize your strength’s and weaknesses when working, for instance, some people work really well in the morning, if you’re one of those people do your homework in the attic, some people work really well last minute, if you’re one of those people do your homework last minute, and some people (like me) work best while not completely focused on work.  If you’re one of those people work while watching a television show that you don’t particularly like such as magic school bus, willa’s wild world, the big bang theory, etc.  I myself just wrote a five page paper as I watched the first 4 episode’s of magic school bus.  (That’s five pages in an hour and a half because the episodes are only 22 minutes because I have it on DVD.)  All of these methods seem a bit unorthodox, but you’d be surprised at what works for you, give it a try and see which one works best for you, ya feel me?

Post By: Pat G.

No comments:

Post a Comment