Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Asking for the homework: Capital Sin, or washing the dishes?

Here’s the situation.  You’re sitting at home and just about to start your homework.  You have Facebook open in the background to make sure you don’t work to efficiently; however, this time you really want to get this work done, so you decide to minimize Facebook, BY PRESSING THE LINE NEXT TO THE TWO BOWES NEXT TO THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER!  The problem is, you forget to turn sound off and just as you are having the most incredible epiphany about the history paper you’ve been working on ever since you were a fetus, you hear Facebook telling you that some idiot didn’t write down the math homework.  You open the chat from that stupid friend and it says,
“hey!
do u kno wat the math hw is?”

 It sounds like a reasonable thing to ask right? But it’s not, I’ve got news for my stupid friend who asked me this question.  “You are worse than the frills on the end of paper when you rip it out of a notebook!  Don’t you think it would have been better for you to have written down the homework in class thereby avoiding this problem?” I know I’m not alone on this.  People, don’t be that person, just write down the homework in class and spare us common folk the trouble.

Post By: Ben L.
Edited By: Pat G.
Imma let you finish that thought but first I gotta say something: fuck that shit.  If I’m in class about to walk out and the teacher tells me the homework after I’ve already packed my bags and made a mad dash for the lunch line, I aint gon’ take my bags back out and write down the homework.  Uh uh, no, nOo, nOo, I aint never been bout that shit, never never been about that shit.  I aint gon’ write that down and that’s final.
I walk out of class and get stuff done like a boss, then after about a day and a half, it’s time to get started on my homework.  I’m sitting down at my computer and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.  I know I have history first, and like 90% of classes the teacher doesn’t post the homework online.  I’m on Facebook, I don’t want to try to think about what the homework is so I search through my friends for someone who might be able to help with my situation.  I see my friend Tod, Tod is on facebook because he’s struggling to find a way to make it in this world and he hopes facebook will give him the answers to his problems, but in actuality it won’t, Tod will give me an answer to my problem over facebook.  I know Tod isn’t doing anything important (except maybe the homework) so I ask him “What’s the homework?”  To Tod this is very simple, Tod knows that the history assignment is to write a 20 page paper with at least 200 footnotes, about how unreasonable it would be for Tod to complain about having to type 50 words to tell me the homework.  I’m gunna continue to ask people for what the homework is and I am proud.

Post By: Pat G.

1 comment:

  1. Gee wiz Pat, you are so smart. when I read your posts for the first time, i poop myself, and when i read it for the second time "i'm like, damn that was so righteous i can't believe i didn't poop myself!"
    keep posting! i love it much more than my sister who is a hermit crab


    your biggest fan,
    andre johnson (best wide receiver in the NFL)

    ReplyDelete